- What is MapEngine?
MapEngine is a J2EE web application with two primary parts: 1) an interactive map extension that can be embedded and integrated into any page within Maximo and 2) a map-based connection to other client systems (e.g. customer information/CRM systems, assessor data, billing, and more.)
- What GIS software is compatible with MapEngine? MapEngine always supports the latest version of Esri ArcGIS.
- Does MapEngine require Maximo Spatial to work?
No, MapEngine is not required/used by Maximo Spatial. It’s a complete GIS integration for Maximo.
- Does MapEngine require Maximo Linear to work?
No, MapEngine does not require Maximo Linear. However, you can use Maximo Linear with the MapEngine, depending upon your business practices.
- Does MapEngine provide any advantages when doing linear asset management?
Yes! For a detailed answer to this question see our post on Linear Asset Management Demystified.
- What versions of Maximo are compatible with MapEngine?
MapEngine is always compatible with the latest versions of Maximo, and provides support back to Maximo 7.5.
- Does installing MapEngine in my Maximo environment make it hard for me to upgrade Maximo?
No. Because MapEngine provides a lightweight integration into the Maximo framework, you get all the advantages of map-based Maximo interactivity without the tight coupling that would prevent you from upgrading when you’re ready.